1.29.2011

Feasting on Art

Okay, here's something pretty amazing. I found it on a fun blog, Feasting on Art

Wayne Thiebaud painting via Feasting on Art
cakes made by Sharon Core via Feasting on Art
Yep, this artist recreated Wayne Thiebaud's painting of cakes! I think she did a pretty good job. I saw a show of all these cake paintings a few years ago, and they are beautiful. It made me realize that anything that turns an artist on is worthy of their attention, and can be translated into art. 

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ha, I actually like her's better! Maybe I've been Thiebaud'd out since I see his work here all the time.

Lari Washburn said...

wouldn't you love to take a crack at reproducing something like this though?

Tami Cohen said...

i'd make it all funky and bright! however, i'd rather have actual (chocolate) cakes and have the opportunity to eat this!

Lari Washburn said...

Chocolate cake...yes I could eat some right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...