12.20.2011

More Maine Pride







These photos are via Design Sponge, and are from a  sneak peek of the summer home of Annie Coggan and Caleb Crawfords. It's in Belfast, Maine. Both inhabitants are designers, as is pretty obvious. I think many people come to maine because of the freedom to pursue anything they feel drawn to explore. There is a small population here, and it feels like most of those are artists and farmers! I can't adequately describe the fresh light and sense of possibility that symbolizes Maine for me. I only know that I love it more with each year that passes. It's been 9 years since we moved here from a loft in downtown Chicago. Those first few years I wanted to turn tail and run "home" because the change was so abrupt. But that was not an option, and it made me realize that home is where you live, and that's what I was doing, one day at a time. 

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

K, I had no idea you were from Chicago. You and Maine just fit together like a puzzle to me :-)

You beat me to this post! I loved seeing this house tour on Design Sponge and have been hooked on her work ever since.

Lari Washburn said...

We have such similar tastes! I do fit in Maine....now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...