12.17.2010

Ode to Home Dec Books

These are some of my favorite Home Dec books. I would not like to admit how many I own. There is always that new tantalizing one that I must have. I sometimes think about all the actual home decorating I could have done with all the money I've spent on these books! But seriously, what is it that's so attractive about these books? I love to peek into how other people live, and express this in their homes. But only when it feels exciting. What makes one home feel exciting and another not, to me? I guess when I think someone has disregarded convention or "rules", and gone for what they love and can't live without. That passion gets communicated in the way someone designs their living space. And I respond to that.

3 comments:

Tami Cohen said...

i agree! i always say, decorating is easy: just fill your home with things that bring you joy!

Sophie Truong said...

When is your lovely house going to be featured in one of them is what I'm wondering.. There's a new project for you :)

Lari Washburn said...

smiles to you both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...