3.14.2011

Feeding Myself

from African Textiles by John Gillow
from African Textiles by John Gillow
from African Textiles by John Gillow
from African Textiles by John Gillow
from African Textiles by John Gillow
from African Textiles by John Gillow
from African Textiles by John Gillow
On a regular basis I make a little excursion purely for the purpose of feeding myself fresh ideas, images, sounds, whatever I feel I need. Last week I went over to the Bowdoin College Library and swarmed over the art stacks for hours. I focused on these African textiles after awhile because their artistry just made me want to weep! The design is so imaginative and subtle. The color use is so unique. The craftsmanship, so beautiful. All these images are from one book, African Textiles by John Gillow. I apologize for the image quality...I was snapping away with my iphone (may the copyright Gods forgive me) and the light was not ideal for that. The light was very pretty to read in though...clear morning sun beaming over my shoulder as I bent to my task! Also, I apologize for so many images, but I could not help myself.


P. S. I am so making myself some summer tops based on those blouse designs!


3 comments:

Kitty Kilian said...

Ha ha, the copyright gods.. where is their bible? Don't worry, those African craftsmen would have been delighted that you liked it!

Kathryn said...

Oooh, lovely!

Sophie Truong said...

Oh crap... I just bought it.. Had to!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...