12.09.2010

fineartistmade...a Maine thing

I was still thinking about cookies this morning. I thought...wouldn't it be cool if there were artists out there making special artist-made cookies? I don't know what I expected exactly. Maybe something sculptural, or along the lines of the anatomically correct gingerbread people we made one Christmas in a hilarious baking frenzy. But when I googled artist-made I got the nicest gift. This site and blog for fineartistmade, a Maine (proud!) duo of artist and photographer who make handcrafted furniture, kitchens, and baths. Oh my! You just have to go there and see what they do. Being the owner of an old, really old (1763) house in Maine I can really appreciate the genius they are bringing to their work. I think I found the people I want to renovate my creaky kitchen! I tried to bring over some pictures for you from their site, but they were too pixelated, so you will just have to trust me and get thee over to their site. In the meantime, maybe this picture of more cookies, from Alice Mendrich's cookbook Pure Dessert  and some beautiful spoons also made by hand in Maine (but I don't know by whom..sorry), and gorgeous Fog Linen, will suffice. There are two places I know of to get Fog Linen around here...Chelliswilson, a BEAUTIFUL shop in Portland, Maine, and Pod, another BEAUTIFUL shop in Brookline, MA. 



2 comments:

kathrynclark said...

I'm swooning over those spoons! Gorgeous! This has inspired me to start baking those cookies!

Lari Washburn said...

Glad to inspire!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...