1.11.2012

Sarah Sze, Still Life With Landscape. The High Line, New York



I remember the first time I saw a Sarah Sze installation at the MFA in Boston. I really responded to the detail and the intricacy of the work. I realize now that it is because of how she views her work as a kind of drawing. She has a show at the Asia Society in NYC right now, that is up until the 25th of March. Go to their site to see an interview about the work, here. And isn't the High Line Park an amazing scene for her work? What they have done with that project is the essence of re-use, imagination, ingenuity. Take a look at all they do here.

2 comments:

Rob Dunlavey said...

Thanks for writing about this. I'll be in Manhattan in a few weeks and will definitely take in the High Line piece. Will try to get over to the Asia Soc.
The installation at the MFA was a bit of a revelation for me and my kids. We kept finding things and inventing little stories. Very engaging yet formally strong, dense and intelligent.

Lari Washburn said...

I love the idea of you involving your children in inventing stories. That's what art is about isn't it?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...