9.06.2011

A Show of my work at the Gallery@Spencer Lofts in Chelsea, MA









My first solo show opens in Chelsea, MA this Saturday, September 10th. I've been working on this show for 18 months. I am showing 26 works. I started the project with the idea of doing at least one drawing every day for a year and seeing how it influenced my work. I completed that promise to myself, and right now I'm just glad to be at the end of it! I've learned so much, and I'm pleased with the show. But now I'm ready to start thinking about new work. I love having my studio bare. Today I made some new pieces and it felt so good to start fresh. Not that I ever really start fresh, but something about having something finished is very energizing for me.

13 comments:

kathrynclark said...

Wow, they all look stunning! I love how they're hung, sparingly, letting the work speak for itself. Well done! Enjoy your time in the studio with the work all away, it does feel good, doesn't it?!

LR said...

how i wish i could attend. receive my best wishes from a distance.

Lari Washburn said...

Thanks so much to both of you. I wish you could both be there!

tiel said...

best of luck Lari. It will be a great show. The space also looks lovely.

kitty kilian said...

It looks great, Lari! The one with the pink squares is sooo lovely.. I wish i could see it, too!

Lari Washburn said...

Thanks Tiel and Kitty! It's so nice to have you rooting for me.

Rob Dunlavey said...

I'll try to make it!
Congratulations!

Lari Washburn said...

That would be so nice Rob! 6-8 and a party after to which you are invited!

Patti said...

I love your work. I wish I could see it in person.

barbara said...

Congratulations! Your work is so interesting, love it! Oh I wish I could go and see the show.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Greetings from Tunisia! I stopped by from the "Stitch and Tickle" blog. Your work is lovely and congratulations on pulling together an exhibition after your drawing project.
best, nadia

Lari Washburn said...

Thank you friends! It is so nice to get all your encouragement. I truly appreciate your comments.

cynthia newman said...

Congratulations! The work looks amazing! The pieces look great on the brick wall! Wish I could see the show in person...well done!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...