5.18.2011

Marlene Ekola Gerberick

I went to a studio exhibition of artist and poet Marlene Ekola Gerberick last weekend, and she was kind enough to let me take some photos of her studio and work. I have long admired the integrity of her work and vision, which is beautifully depicted in the environment she has created in her studio. Marlene has exhibited her work extensively in the United States and internationally, especially in her ancestral home, Finland. You can find more about her by googling, although she does not have a website. I once had the pleasure of being in a show she curated, and benefited from her clarity and thoughtfulness. When I first moved to Maine Marlene gave me this wonderful insight about living here: "Maine throws you back on yourself." That has certainly proven to be true. 

5 comments:

Sophie Truong said...

wow, what a stunning studio, a piece of art itself it seems. So peaceful. I love that so much is white.. and those little arms on her counters..

Kathryn said...

Wonderful pictures! They really capture the stillness and peace of the space.

priya vadhyar said...

Hi Lari... Marlene's studio is beautiful and very inspiring.. Thanks for sharing this.

**EYE-SNACKS** said...

Thanks for your visit on my blog.
You have a wonderful blog & work yourself..so now it's me who's going to snuffle here...:)

ArtPropelled said...

Inspiring studio pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...