12.31.2010

Ingenuity and Innovation

I live a rather insulated life. I limit what I take in because it's all food to me, and I want to be nourished by food that will help me stay strong and productive. Thankfully I have an adorable husband who is a news junkie, and he lets me know when really cool stuff is out there that I need to see. Here are some of his latest finds that seem like really good nourishment to me. These are three innovations from the New York Times Magazine's 10th Annual Year in Ideas.
First, Trash Fashion, bio culture clothing. Making clothes out of a mat of green tea and sugar. I couldn't put enough exclamation points in there, so I won't put any. All the clothes we slaves to fashion (I live in Maine, so I don't need fashion) throw away every year is a pretty big problem. The second thing is the latest progress on wind power, which just makes me so grateful that the human brain never takes a rest. And the last thing is a brilliant innovation that is called emotional spell-check, which could be the innovation with the most positive impact in the whole list. At least I can think of a few times my life would have been made better this year if I and those I know had had this tool. I leave this year with a beautiful picture and my best wishes to everyone for a happy new year.

2 comments:

Sophie Truong said...

fascinating.. some people HAVE brains, man...
xoooooo

Lari Washburn said...

Hey you! Having fun? XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...