11.01.2010

Studios on Flickr


Work area after
Originally uploaded by kikiclark
There is a group on Flickr of artist's studios. I found this great "after" shot of Kiki Clark's studio. I really love all the good stuff going on here. It makes me feel like getting down to work just to look at what she has created. I want to take a closer look at those waxed paper drawings or prints hanging on the right, and rummage through that stack of beautiful drawers. I admire the ability to keep things this neat and visually cohesive at the same time. I find it a tricky balance to maintain order and also give myself the freedom to be messy and explore. My studio is at home so I make an effort to keep it a truly separate space, otherwise I would feel the need to keep it cleaner! Check out Kiki's gorgeous work, too.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Aww, thanks for posting my studio shots, Lari. I just happened upon this post as I realized I've been missing your blog!

Lari Washburn said...

I'm glad you have such a cool studio! I love your current work too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...